8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Comments

  • timebugtimebug Posts: 15,359

    Forum Member

    ✭✭

    Corden two weeks running though...?!?
    He must be the only person in the world who thinks he is remotely
    funny. I call it 'Ricky Gervaise Syndrome.' An actor/writer thinks they
    are great and the public love them, so they come on as many shows
    as possible and act like a complete ****. I hope they get something
    from it,because as a viewer, I certainly don't.

  • As much as i enjoyed it when it started its run, its grown tired and i think it should finish now for good

    My thoughts exactly. As a yearly one off or even quarterly it would be good but this is the second run this year already!

  • My thoughts exactly. As a yearly one off or even quarterly it would be good but this is the second run this year already!

    The ratings keep the episodes pouring in though. With the figures these specials get Channel 4 has no reason to can the show.

  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039

    Forum Member

    ✭✭✭

    I'm still enjoying it. I hope they weren't joking about Joe getting the sack though ... he just isn't very funny any more.

  • I liked Peter Serafinowicz's impression of Neil Morrissey :D:D:D (he does a good impression of Wogan as well)

    I found that 20 seconds the only contribution from him that was remotely amusing (ok, adding the "s" to Abdicate after Corden hadn't spotted he could add an "s" to a word was quite funny), but very poor value compared to other Dictionary corner guests.

    At least he didn't act like he was god's gift to comedy like Corden did, so that's a plus.

    I'm not even going to start on Joe Wilkinson!

    With so little talent on display, its amazing that this show keeps attracting an reasonable audience.

  • Corden two weeks running though...?!?
    He must be the only person in the world who thinks he is remotely
    funny. I call it 'Ricky Gervaise Syndrome.' An actor/writer thinks they
    are great and the public love them, so they come on as many shows
    as possible and act like a complete ****. I hope they get something
    from it,because as a viewer, I certainly don't.

    It's a good job comedy is subjective then, isn't it, because I find him to be likeable and funny.

    'Gervaise' is spelled 'Gervais', by the way. Considering he's been on so many programmes I'd have thought you'd be able to spell his name.

  • I thought the last episode was one of the better ones. Jon not trying to lose (even if he did have the handicap of not using 75) and Cordon was actually funny.

    I don't get what "abdicates" was referencing though.

  • Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262

    Forum Member

    ✭✭✭

    Yeah, I was expecting there to be a story attached to the 'abdicates' references, but I always think the Dictionary Corner bits are a bit naff anyway.

    I'm not James Corden's biggest fan, but I think he's been fine on the two recent episodes, and funnier on the second one. I think people sometimes get the impression that he tries to hog the limelight when he's on a show, but I didn't get that impression from this at all, especially the second time.

    I absolutely love this programme and I much prefer it over the regular 8 Out of 10 Cats. Although I've always been a fan of Countdown too (not that I've seen it much in the last few years), so that might explain it.

    Joe Wilkinson can be very hit or miss. It seems like they've been reducing his role recently anyway, so I don't think he'd be missed since he doesn't do much now. I don't have anything against him, but it just doesn't seem necessary to bring him on for the last third/quarter of the programme.

  • Joe Wilkinson is at best a 'one trick pony' and that one disappeared ages ago.

  • I loved Peters response to Jimmy asking if he liked word games :D

  • timebugtimebug Posts: 15,359

    Forum Member

    ✭✭

    Friendly Goat wrote: 'Gervaise' is spelled 'Gervais', by the way. Considering he's been on so many programmes I'd have thought you'd be able to spell his name. '
    Well the fact is,FG I have only ever seen him in two episodes of 'The Office' which I was conned into watching as it was 'great/brilliant etc' and one episode of 'Extras' (was that the title?) So I am not a fan and consequently don't know how his name is spelt especially. I tried to be fair and watch one of his stand up shows too, and it just left me cold. Yes I am aware that all comedy is subjective,and we are all allowed opinions,that is what a forum is about, surely?
    So if watching him pleases you, fine and more power to you. But he leaves me unmoved by any of his humour, or anything else he does!

  • Joe Wilkinson is at best a 'one trick pony' and that one disappeared ages ago.

    He's the best part of the show for me. :p

  • I've had Sean's music countdown in my head now since. I can't get rid of it!!!

  • I've had Sean's music countdown in my head now since. I can't get rid of it!!!

    Me too! I've heard it before - where's it from?

  • Looking forward to this being back on tonight again.

    Very funny show.

  • This is back on again tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.

    Bring on Rachel Riley!

    Aisling Bea woop whoop she's funny and Miles Jupp.

    Plus nutty Joe Wilkinson & Lock & Richardson.

  • This is back on again tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.

    Bring on Rachel Riley!

    Aisling Bea woop whoop she's funny and Miles Jupp.

    Plus nutty Joe Wilkinson & Lock & Richardson.

    Repeat I assume.

  • Repeat I assume.

    Could be - don't know - will have to watch it - will soon know if I've seen it before.

  • Could be - don't know - will have to watch it - will soon know if I've seen it before.

    'Will have to watch it.'

    Em...... or check any readily-available TV listings.

  • Even if it is a repeat, doesn't mean I've seen it before though, mind.

  • It's definitely a repeat.

  • Haven't seen it - only recently started watching it, so no haven't seen it.

    Most likely a repeat with Aisling Bea being on it.

  • Jon Richardson is rubbish on this.

    EDIT: Although Joe Wilkinson is making him look on top form in comparison tonight.

  • Once again the 15 minute introductions are really entertaining. Unfortunately after that the games start.

    But of course many will like that as well.